Grantham, Monday, January 10, 2011









Grantham, January 10, 2011. (1)











I was in stuck in Toowoomba, impossible to get to Brisbane. I watched the TV coverage and read the news as to what had happend in the Lockyer Valley, at Murhphy's Creek and Grantham in particular.

The stories that emerged from those small communities were epic in proportion.

In my mind, I saw the link between the myths and legends of other times and places as people of other ages tried to understand what had happened that defied belief.

In Scottish myth, the Kelpie was a beautiful mythical horse that lured its victims to water and drowned them. I saw the unexpected and violent white horses stampeding down the escarpment entrapping all and everything before them and unfortunately, also drowning some.









Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Thomas Hastings/Faithful Ebzery/Andrew Farrelly, Basis of my book, The Irish Constable.

The Elusive Catherine/Kate/Kathleen Degnan/Dagnall/Degnann/Degnall

Irish Lumpers